Learn How to Reverse Image Search on iPhone [Simple Tips]
Last Updated: February 2, 2023
Today, almost everything can be done via your phone – from banking to photo editing. But did you know that you can find almost anything – from the name of the person in the photo to the species of the flower you took a picture of – by doing a search by image on your iPhone?
The net is flooded with images, so finding the right one among similar images is far from easy. Stick with us to get a better grip on reverse image search iPhone style.
Interestingly enough, app usage, given how popular Google is, it is no wonder its image search is the most popular such tool on the net. So let’s dig into the easiest and most practical methods for reverse photo lookup using your iPhone.
What Is Reverse Image Search?
What do you do if you have an image on your phone and you want to know its origin? Photo lookup is an image retrieval searching technique based on content. It takes your iPhone image as input and delivers information related to the file.
|Did you know that you can find an apartment by using an image search engine? If you have pictures of the property or even part of an image, all you need to do is run a reverse image search on your iPhone. With a bit of luck, you can sometimes even get the address and the name of the image owner.|
How to Do a Reverse Image Search on iPhone?
There are few tools that can reverse search an image, for example, Google Images, TinEye, Reverse Image Search, Reversee, or Veracity. One of the easiest ways to learn more about an image saved on your iPhone is to open it directly in the browser.
|Did you know that there are sites that allow you to find people? Every day search engines like Google are not notable people finders since they can only help you find basic info, whether someone has a Facebook profile or a webpage. If you’re looking for further information about a person, quality people search sites can help you find contact details, aliases, marriage records, criminal convictions, and more.
You can read all our individual reviews here.
Using the Safari App
- To learn how to reverse image search on your iPhone, first open the browser Safari.
- The search bar for images doesn’t show the little camera icon on the iPhone. Within the bar, open the aA icon which is located on the left, as shown on the first screenshot.
- Next, from the drop-down menu choose the option Request Desktop Website to refresh and start the desktop version of the web page, in order to switch to reader mode.
- When you switch to the desktop version of Google Images, go to images.google.com on your iPhone, and you’ll see the camera icon that allows you to search for the image in the Google bar. Click on the camera icon located on the right side of the search bar. You’ll see the option to search with an image by uploading the URL of the photo you want to find. Another option is to upload the photo from your device.
- After choosing the photo, the search will begin by default. It will display the results related to the picture. You can switch sizes from small to large on the right side of the image.
That’s one method of how to image search on your iPhone which you can do using the Safari version 11 and up.
|Did you know that there are people who create an imaginary persona (known as catfishing) and trick people into all sorts of scams? Catfishing statistics show that dating apps account for 38% of catfishing victims. Hacking statistics clearly show that it is a common tactic for scammers around the world. Often these people ask their victims for money or collect personal information that will help them trick even more people using your identity. To prevent this from happening, it might be a good idea to consider some identity theft protection options.|
Using the Google Chrome App
Perhaps you are wondering how to do a reverse image Google search on the iPhone Chrome app when you don’t have the image saved on your iPhone. If that is the case, I suggest you use Google Chrome, which is rated the best according to browser usage statistics.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the App Store, download, install and open the Google Chrome app.
- Once that is done, go to the website where you found the image you are interested in.
- Tap on the image and hold it. An Options menu will open. Tap the option Search Google For This Image. Press it to start the search for info on Google.
If you want to search for an image that you’ve already downloaded on your phone, you can do the following:
- Search for images.google.com on your iPhone.
- In the top right, tap the three dots icon.
- Choose a Request Desktop Site.
- Next, you will spot an icon in the search results bar which allows you to upload the image saved on your iPhone or paste the link of a picture to perform a reverse search.
|Did you know that you don’t need to be a hacking expert to do a background check on someone? Are you wondering whether someone you met online is using their real photo or someone else’s image? There are companies like BeenVerified or the low-budget Spokeo, that can help you find someone even if you only know their name and location. Check out most trusted background check sites to see how you can find out more about someone you’ve met.|
Using an Image Saved on Your iPhone
For this method, you’ll need Safari, but this time to search by using the image upload feature on your iPhone.
- First, you go to the Safari browser and open images.google.com.
- In the search bar, find the aA icon (located on the left) and press it.
- In the next step, you’ll have to switch to reader mode. Search for the option Request Desktop Website and start the desktop version of the website.
- Head to Google Images, and you’ll see the option that allows you to reverse search in the search bar. Open the camera icon located on the right side of the bar.
- Look for the option Choose File and then select Photo Library and tap on the camera roll or other albums to upload an existing image.
Can Google do a reverse image search via the iPhone camera roll, using the Safari browser? With ease.
|Did you know that your photos can be used without permission by scammers? Identity theft statistics show there’s a new identity theft victim every two seconds. From ecommerce fraud to health care fraud – your photos could be used for a number of schemes, so it’s always best to be careful about what images you make publicly accessible on the internet.|
Using Other Reverse Image Search Apps
If you are not satisfied with Chrome and Safari, or you’re looking for more details on the objects in the image, there are a lot of image search apps that can help you get what you need. But there are a few that stand out in terms of the quality of their reverse image search with iOS and/or Android.
Yahoo Image Search is a great image search tool because you can find a variety of images and related information when running a search using their search bar.
PicSearch has a palette of 3 billion images to search, and it’s a superb image lookup engine. It’s another great way to reverse image search, with iPhone being iOS app-friendly. It sources pictures from a variety of websites – from online magazines to stock photos. You’ll still need to get authorization to use the images because of the restriction clause at the bottom of their website. But you’ll know which website the images come from, which makes it easy to contact the owners for consent.
There are also apps such as Reverse Image Search which come with a simplified interface. This application takes images from your camera roll or phone gallery to reverse image search via Yandex, Google, and Bing Image Search.
You can also cut, rotate and save photos to your device for free. However, the ad-free version of the Reverse Image Search app comes with a minor fee.
With other apps like Veracity, you have an option to integrate the app with your Dropbox. If you don’t want to download the app, you can use websites with an image or URL search, like TinEye.
I tried doing a reverse image search on Reversee to check out the process. Below, I’ll show you how you can reverse image search on your iPhone with the help of the Reversee app:
- Download and install the Reversee app on your iPhone and then start the app.
- As soon as the app opens, you have a few options to choose from. The quickest way is to do a search with an image from your iPhone gallery, so tap on Choose a Picture.
- After you make a choice, the app gives you an option that is not available on Google Lens, to rotate, resize, etc., and it’s available at the bottom of the app screen.
- After you finish editing your photo, tap on Search at the top-right corner of the screen. Search results will start popping up. Don’t quit the screen. See a visual guide on how to image search on your iPhone with Reversee on the screenshots below:
|Did you know that people from the digital marketing or blogging sphere benefit from these methods of photo searching? Image owners like photographers and digital artists protect themselves from having their photos used without their permission. Sometimes people use their work and don’t respect the image copyright restrictions. The image search options help them find websites that use their images without permission and contact them.|
|There are quite a few methods to do a reverse image search on your iPhone.|
|Some options allow you to upload photos from your phone’s image gallery, while others can be used to search for an image by pasting its URL into the search bar.|
|Learning how to do a reverse image search on your iPhone is very easy, as illustrated in the visual guides above.|
Now you’ll know just how to perform a reverse image search on your iPhone. These search methods are really helpful when you want to look up an image that interests you, but you don’t have a lot of info or can’t remember what website you’ve downloaded it from.
Some people use images on their website or post some image with copyright restrictions and want to protect them from being used without permission. This technique helps you learn more about an image, shows you when and where those photos were re-used, and who they belong to originally.
Not at all. Most of the time it is the same as on any other device. Some users may find direct photo lookup via Chrome and Safari a bit complicated because you have to search for the image through the desktop version of the site. But now you know exactly how to do that!
Yes, you can! By visiting images.google.com on your iPhone you can easily perform this task. Even though iOS smartphones are built with a mobile browser that’s developed for smaller screens, running a reverse image search on your iPhone is quite simple when you use the desktop version.
June 10, 2021 at 1:22 am
I like what you guys are up also. Such intelligent work and reporting! Carry on the excellent works guys I?¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my web site 🙂