May 5, 2022
If you’re reading this, you’re probably wondering how to make your logo high resolution, or what resolution is in the first place. Well, luckily for you (and for all of us), there’s a way to make a logo in high resolution, as this isn’t as complicated as it may seem. With the help of this guide, you’ll be able to create a logo that’s not only high-quality but also free of any blurriness or pixelation—all you need are the right tools and a little bit of time. Let’s go!
What Is a Logo?
As the public face of your company, your logo is one of the most important aspects of your brand identity. It’s often the first thing people will think of when they think of your company, so it’s important to make sure your logo is professional and memorable. A logo is a graphical element—preferably in hi-res viewing format—that, together with its logotype (a uniquely set and arranged typeface) forms a trademark or commercial brand. It should have a clean design for easy recognition.
|DID YOU KNOW: The human brain can comprehend images 60,000 times faster than words, which is why most companies choose visual branded logos.|
What Is a Resolution?
The resolution of an image is the detail in which it’s displayed—the higher the resolution, the more detailed and clear the image will be. For logos, a high resolution means your logo will look great no matter where it’s printed or viewed. A low-resolution logo, on the other hand, may appear pixelated or blurry when printed or viewed on a large screen. For a logo to be considered high-resolution, it should have a minimum of 300 pixels per inch (PPI). However, the standard logo size in Photoshop is 500px x 500px, ensuring your logo looks sharp and crispy no matter if printed on a billboard, or viewed on a phone screen. If you’re creating a logo for the web or small-format prints, however, you can get away with a lower resolution of 72-100 PPI.
|DID YOU KNOW: Graphic designers are among the most well-paid professions in the United States, with a yearly average salary of $53,380.|
How to Make a Logo High Resolution?
There are a few different ways to create a high-resolution logo.
The most common and recommended method is to use vector-based software in the design process. These programs allow you to create high-quality, scalable nonpixelated logos, making your logo look great no matter how it’s sized and whether it’s printed on a business card or displayed on a billboard.
Another popular method for creating high-resolution logos is to use online tools and converters. These tools are easy to use and allow you to create professional-looking logos without any design experience. We’ll go through both methods: software – Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and online logo makers – Canva, Hatchful, and Visme.
1. Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is a widely used program for editing pictures and creating high-resolution logos. The software allows you to create detailed graphics and illustrations that you can easily scale to any size without losing quality. There are a few ways you can make a high-resolution logo or convert an image to high resolution in Photoshop. One way is to use the “Image Size” function. Let me explain how:
- Step 1: Import your low-resolution logo and in the menu bar select Image, then Image size.
- Step 2: After the dialog box appears, click on the desired resolution in the Fit to drop-down menu. There will be a few default resolutions, or you can choose a custom one. Increase the resolution to 300ppi and add or reduce the noise.
- Step 3: In Dimensions, enter the new values for Width and Height.
- Step 4: Check the Resample box and select Preserve Details 2.0 from the menu.
2. Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator is another vector-based program commonly used for creating logos. Illustrator allows you to create a vector version of a logo that’s detailed and scalable to any size without sacrificing resolution or image quality. If you’re new to Illustrator, there are plenty of tutorials and resources available online that can help you get started. For a quick way to upgrade the resolution of your graphics, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the graphic or create one.
- Step 2: From the menu bar, click on Effects and select Document Raster Effect Settings.
- Step 3: To convert the image to high resolution, change it to High 300 ppi and click on OK.
Canva is a comprehensive tool for managing your brand’s designs and collaborations (you can read our review for Canva here). This tool is an online design platform that allows you to create high-quality logos, illustrations, and graphics, among other branded content stuff. The platform is easy to use and comes with a wide variety of templates, icons, and shapes you can use to create a unique logo. To make a hi-res viewing format logo, you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Create the logo from scratch by using and customizing the templates, or importing your previous project.
- Step 2: Then, you need to click on Resize in the upper toolbar, set the wanted resolution in pixels, and click Copy & Resize.
- Step 3: The last step is to download the file—find the download button in the right upper corner, select PNG as the file type, and hit Download.
Visme is a great online tool that can help you make your logo high-resolution without losing quality. With Visme, you can easily export your logo in PNG or JPG file format with a few clicks, and download the vector version of your logo in SVG vector format for free. All you need to do is:
- Step 1: Enter your email address and password to register.
- Step 2: Select the purpose of creating your logo (personal, business, educational, etc.).
- Step 3: Choose your industry and role (if you choose the business purpose).
- Step 4: Select a template to start creating a logo from scratch, or click on the ‘Upload Image‘ button and select your logo file from your computer.
- Step 5: Once you’re satisfied with the editing of your logo, click on the Export button and choose either PNG or JPG file format.
Read the whole Visme review here.
If you want to ditch making pixelated logos, Hatchful is the way to go. The platform is easy to navigate, and you may personalize your logo based on your preferences simply by specifying your business location and your desired visual design style. You can experiment with the typeface, color, icon, and layout until you’re pleased with the result.
To make a high-resolution logo with Hatchful, you need to follow these steps:
- Step One: Enter your business name and select the industry your business is in.
- Step Two: Browse through the available templates and select the one you like best.
- Step Three: Customize the template to match your brand identity by changing the colors and fonts, and adding your own images.
- Step Four: Download your logo in high-resolution PNG file format.
|DID YOU KNOW: Blue is the color most frequently used in logos.|
|The logo is a visual representation of the business identity.|
|You can create a high-resolution logo using vector software programs like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, or online tools like Canva, Visme, or Hatchful.|
|For a logo to be considered high-resolution, it should have a minimum of 300 pixels per inch (ppi), but the standard logo size in Photoshop is 500px x 500px.|
|A high-resolution logo can easily be scaled to any size without losing quality, which is important if you plan to use the logo for different marketing purposes, especially for large format prints.|
Why Make a High-Resolution Logo?
There are a few reasons why you should make a high-resolution logo. First of all, a high-resolution logo will look great no matter where it’s printed or viewed—a low-resolution logo, on the other hand, may appear pixelated or blurry when printed or viewed on a large screen. Also, potential customers are more likely to remember a high-resolution logo than a low-resolution one. Finally, a high-resolution logo can easily be scaled to any size without losing quality, which is important if you plan on using your logo on various marketing materials. That’s why it’s important to convert a low-resolution image to high resolution when making a logo.
|DID YOU KNOW: The Coca-Cola logo is recognized by 94% of the world’s population.|
If you’re looking to create a high-resolution logo, there are a few prime designer tools you can use. The most common and recommended method is to use vector-based software such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Alternatively, you can use an online platform such as Canva or Visme. Whatever method you choose, be sure to consider the benefits of making a high-resolution logo.
There are a few ways to make a high-resolution logo for free. One way is to use an online service like Canva or Visme, or use an online search engine like Google Images to search for existing high-resolution logos—for example, type: “high-resolution Instagram logo.” However, to create your own high-resolution logo, you can use image-editing software like Photoshop.
You can use editing software like Adobe Photoshop to convert your PNG file into a high-resolution logo. Simply open the PNG file in Photoshop, and go to File > Save As. In the dialog box, select EPS as the format you want to save your file in, and click Save.
For a logo to be considered high-resolution, it should have at least 300ppi. However, most graphic designers make logos in 500px x 500px resolution.
This is how to make a logo high resolution using Canva: first, create a new design. After you’ve created the logo, click on the “Download” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. In the drop-down menu, select “High-Resolution PNG.” Finally, click on the “Download” button again to download your high-resolution logo.