Last Updated: March 11, 2022
Like Amazon, online shopping modes and web stores have seen a spike in their businesses, especially during the pandemic. People often stick with their embedded credit card details for shopping, but what about those who may wish to remove their credit card details from such online shopping sites but don’t know how? This guide aims to assist such shopping enthusiasts, providing all the necessary information on how to remove a credit card from Amazon.
How to Remove Credit Card From Amazon on Computer
Personal computers drive 53.3% of consumers’ time on online shopping. While personal computers may not carry high risks to security, users need to know how to remove cards from Amazon if they’re shopping from their computers.
The following steps will show you how to delete a credit card from Amazon:
- Go to the Amazon site from your browser or desktop application and log in to your Amazon account;
- Look for the ‘account and lists’ option in the top upper-right corner. Then, go to ‘your account’;
- Click on the ‘payment option’, found under ‘ordering and shopping preferences‘;
- Go to ‘Your credit and debit cards’ and select the card you wish to delete from your account;
- Click the ‘remove‘ button. Then, finalize removing the credit card from Amazon with the ‘confirm remove’ button.
How to Delete a Credit Card From an Amazon Account on Mobile
Mobile phones are the most widely used mode for online shopping. Stats show that 79% of US consumers use phones as their primary mode of virtual purchases. But many customers are not versed on how to remove the card from amazon. To successfully erase your card details from Amazon, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon app from your mobile device and navigate to your account at the bottom of your screen. Log in if you haven’t already;
- Click on ‘your account’ and then select ‘your payments’;
- Click the ‘wallet’ tab and scroll down to select the card you wish to remove;
- Once you confirm your card removal, click on ‘remove’ to cut out your credit details from your mobile device.
Remember to add new and different credit card details once you’ve deleted your first embedded one. This, however, only applies to accounts that were previously connected to that particular card.
How to Change Credit Card Details on Amazon
Typically, customers who have maxed out their credit card tend to look for an option to switch cards for more convenience rather than delete a credit card on Amazon. Amazon has made payments convenient for users by providing the option to swap out their credit card details rather than delete them, allowing users to reuse the card once their credit has been paid and the credit ban lifted.
As complicated as it might sound, it’s quite simple to change the details of your credit card connected to your Amazon account. You can manage your payments from your computer or mobile applications with ease. For those looking to switch their details from their mobile devices, the following steps may be helpful:
- Go to your Amazon app and select ‘your account’ on your mobile device;
- Select ‘your payments’ from the available options;
- Two options (‘edit’ or ‘remove‘) are available from the drop-down box. Select the ‘edit‘ option to make changes to your card details;
- On-screen instructions about the entrance and the required criteria are now seen. Fill in your details accordingly;
- Select ‘submit‘ for your new details to be relevant.
For customers who often ask—while updating their credit card—how to remove the card from amazon when it’s still connected to their Amazon account, card issuers may automatically send updated details to your Amazon account. But this carries a limited amount of risk. Suppose you didn’t update the card—you still have the option to remove the connection to avoid losses.
Customers can also add a new payment method—a new card (debit/credit) while ordering items via the ‘select payment method‘ page. The details you enter during this time will automatically be saved for future reference. So be very careful about the information you enter if you wish to avoid repeating the same process.
The variation in devices while changing payment methods shouldn’t be a problem since the steps to be followed on mobile and computer devices are the same. The only difference lies in the displays.
Sometimes, the removal or editing of credit card details is a mere case of low credit margin, the card’s expiration, or other minor problems. But shoppers who tend to spend lavishly, without much concern for credit value, can put themselves under huge debt. Therefore, some customers delete a credit card from Amazon to avoid such issues.
Detailed information on how to remove credit cards from Amazon should make it much easier for consumers to do these tasks themselves. During the process, edits and removal of credit card details on your Amazon page will be easier if customers stick to the steps mentioned above. Problems often arise during the swapping of cards and changes in modes of payment.
For more details on how to remove the card from Amazon, you can always reference their official web page in the help and customer service section.
All payments made from your Amazon account can be edited and changed anytime:
- Go to the Amazon app from your device or log in from chrome directly;
- Click on the accounts option and choose ‘your account’ from the drop-down list;
- Go to the payment options;
- You’ll be provided with options to change the following details in your Amazon wallet: Name on the card of payment, the expiration date of the card, and billing address;
- Enter your new details and click on ‘confirm’ to finalize the changes;
- If you wish to change entire information sections about your card, you must erase and re-enter the latest updated details.
(You can learn more about card updates on the Amazon account updater.)
If you wish to delete cards from Amazon, it can vary a bit from androids. To avoid any inaccuracies, follow the listed steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon account;
- Go to your account option from the drop-down menu;
- Select the fourth option, ‘manage payment options’ (under the Amazon Wallet);
- Below the expiration date (on the right-hand side) for each credit card listed on your Amazon account is a delete option. Once you click on this, select ‘confirm’;
- Select the ‘update’ button at the bottom of the page to apply your recent changes;
(The credit card you deleted will no longer be included in the payment mode.)
Follow the steps mentioned in the article above. If you’re still unclear as to how to remove a credit card from Amazon, you can follow these shortcuts:
- Go to your Amazon app and log in;
- Click on your linked account and go to the payment options;
- Select the payment option you wish to remove and confirm the deletion.