Last Updated: May 20, 2023
So you are either thinking of growing your business or starting a new one. Is it time yet to take the leap?
To be successful on your journey, you need a few things:
✅ A cool idea.
✅ A working marketing strategy.
✅ A genuine approach to your followers/customers.
We are here to give you some cool data and knowledge that we gathered about video marketing. The increasing influence of videos as a marketing approach is there for a reason! The video marketing statistics that follow will come in handy sooner than you think!
We can’t wait to share it with you, so let’s get to it!
Here are some of the most fascinating video marketing stats we ran into during our research:
- 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- 78% watch online videos every week, and 55% every day.
- More than 1 billion hours of videos are consumed every day on YouTube alone.
- Social video generates 1,200 more shares than text and images combined.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Videos on a landing page increase website conversions by 80%.
- Video content will make up 82% of consumer web traffic by 2020.
Are you now intrigued by those numbers? It gets even more tempting.
In a few minutes, you will have a better idea of the state of the video marketing industry. Yes, it is an industry!
Bottom line is – get the facts and use them to get insights and boost your online performance. Inevitably, you will figure out the importance of video marketing and the difference it makes for your reach and bottom line.
Video Marketing Data
Let’s look into some of the outstanding statistics and trends in the digital marketing world. They will help us reach some fascinating conclusions.
1. Content marketing generates over three times as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62% less.
(Source: Content Marketing Institute)
- Spending on content creation has increased by 56% over the course of 1 year, followed by an increase in spending on marketing staff (37%) and paid content distribution (36%).
- 65% of B2B players have acknowledged an increase in overall content marketing success.
- The leading factor for the increasing B2B content marketing success is producing high-quality content – 78%.
- Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness.
- According to content marketing statistics, 87% of users wish to see more videos from brands.
▶ Business is quickly understanding the power of video marketing and adapting to it by investing more in content creation. Not only is it important to produce content but also the quality is highly appreciated and sought by the public.
video marketing boosts brand awareness by 54%
2. 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- Using video as a preferred marketing tool keeps an increasing rate – 87% by the start of 2019.
- 87% of the consumers would like to see more videos from their favorite brands.
- Over the course of 1 year, the usage of audio/visual content has increased by 64%.
- At least 81% of companies of all sizes reported increased sales with explainer videos.
▶ Numbers are pretty clear – by watching videos, the information sticks with us longer. Getting to see and hear someone: ‘speaking to us directly’ makes our experience richer and easier to remember. No wonder video consumption statistics are skyrocketing.
3. 78% watch online videos every week, and 55% every day.
- Videos are the preferred media when it comes to learning about a new product or service – 68%.
- During the first quarter of 2018, 94 minutes per week was the average time adults between 18 to 34 spent watching videos on personal computers and 105 minutes – on smartphones.
- The implementаtion rate of videos in marketing strategies marks an increase from 82% to 85% in 2018, as video marketing stats suggest.
▶ Not only millennials prefer to watch more rather than read content. On a global scale, people and businesses are more and more inclined toward presenting their services, products, and ideas in the form of a video.
4. More than 1 billion hours of videos are consumed every day on YouTube alone.
- To boost their brand’s social media presence, 70% of marketers post videos on Youtube, 74% post two Instagram stories per month, and 81% of them post videos on Facebook.
- LinkedIn Video and Instagram Video are used 51% more by marketers in 2019, compared to 2018.
- A video posted on YouTube is 52 times more likely to show up on page one of Google compared to a text file.
▶ You probably know that YouTube has become the second largest search engine, available in 91 countries and in 80 different languages. Over 90% of 11 – 44 years old American internet users watch Youtube videos, so you may want to consider YouTube video marketing regardless of your niche.
5. Videos posted on social media generate 1,200x more shares than text and images combined.
(Souce: SocialMedia Today)
- 74% of internet users follow brands on social media and 96% of them are likely to interact with them on at least one platform.
- 84% of online consumers review at least one social media channel before purchasing.
- 85% of consumers aged 18 to 34 have purchased a product or service after viewing a video.
- 48% of people are likely to share video content rather than social media posts, articles, or blog posts.
▶ You need to dive deep into social media video statistics and examine all their bits and pieces. You’ll discover a lot about social media platforms and the public they tend to reach.
Channels influence different demographic groups. For instance, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are more likely to influence the purchasing behavior of women, while Youtube and Twitter – those of men. It’s fascinating what these videos’ stats and facts can reveal, right?
6. Shoppers who view videos are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
(Source: Responsive Inbound Marketing)
- 67% of people are likely to make a purchase after seeing an ad on social media.
- 57% of millennials find it helpful when videos are engaging and with a clear call for action.
- 88% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI on video.
▶ Make useful, informative, and engaging content for your videos. According to video engagement stats, videos up to 2 min long are most engaging. Consumers will be happy and you will be rewarded for your investment.
▶ Provide as many references as needed for the viewer. Go one step ahead of your competitors and put yourself in the shoes of the consumer. Predict as much as possible about their wishes and use that to serve them better.
7. Videos on landing pages increase website conversions by 80%.
- The average conversion rate for websites using videos is 4.9%. It’s 2.9% for those that don’t.
- Videos and other user-generated content can increase the website conversion rate by 161%.
- Video in emails leads to over 200% increase in click-through rates.
▶ Viewers are likely to stay longer on your website if you feature yourself in a video. Why? It boosts your credibility, builds trust with the consumer and it’s easier to learn more about your company effortlessly. You want to consider the impact of video on conversions while polishing your existing marketing strategy or drafting a new one.
8. Video content will make up 82% of consumer web traffic by 2020.
- 87% of companies use video as a marketing tool in 2019.
- Smartphones will represent 44% of global IP traffic by 2022.
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch videos daily on a smartphone than on a computer.
▶ According to video content statistics, the demand is steadily increasing across the globe. Namely, there’s a 15% yearly revenue growth in the video-on-demand industry. People also prefer playing videos on their smartphones and that trend is not going away anytime soon. So make sure you optimize your website and video content for mobile devices.
▶ One of the latest video marketing trends is to make your video content not only compatible with mobile screens but also to play videos vertically, in portrait mode. Still, as long as your video is mobile-friendly, you’re good!
Data and Tips
Are you still wondering whether you are ready to use video? Or maybe you’re not sure you need video on your website, channel, or page? If the video stats and facts we laid out so far were not convincing enough, keep reading! Some more stunning numbers to follow!
▶ The importance and influence of video are undeniable. There’s a growing demand, and videos improve brand awareness, effectiveness, influence, and ROI.
- 52% of consumers are likely to purchase from a brand they follow on Facebook.
- Millennials are the demographic group most influenced by social media advertisements.
- Both video marketing efforts and video ads on social media demonstrate over 80% ROI.
▶ Videos are becoming more and more the preferred media for the public.
- 87% of viewers would like to see more video material in 2019.
- More than 75% of all video viewers are using mobile screens.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day.
- 86% of marкeting professionals use video content.
- Over 80% of people post video content on their websites.
▶ Video marketing statistics show that the media is booming on social channels.
- 100 million hours of video content per day are watched on Facebook.
- Instagram is getting big! By 2018, there are 1 billion active users every month and over 70% of US businesses use Instagram.
- Facebook remains the preferred social media platform for marketers (81%), closely followed by Instagram (74%).
▶ Types of video content people mostly use:
- 86% of the best explainer videos are animated.
- 39% of people would like to see more explainer videos frоm their brands.
- As of Aug 2019, the Indian music network T-Series had the most Youtube subscribers in the world (109 million), followed by the Swedish game commentator PewDiePie (99.4 million).
▶ Video ads stats
- 85% of Twitter’s revenue comes from sales ads including photos and video previews to text.
- 85% of Facebook video gets watched without sound.
- 60% of Snap Ads are viewed with the sound on.
- An average YouTube ad costs the advertiser from $0.10 to $0.30 per view.
- 4.6 billion video ads are watched online each year.
▶ There are 3 top challenges marketers encounter when it comes to creating video content. Those can be either inability to fit within their budget, taking too much time with video creation, and finding the tools somewhat complex to use.
Hopefully, by now you are convinced video marketing really works! Go for it! The data speaks clearly – it works for most businesses, the public likes it – then so be it!
Make sure you do it with thought and put your originality into it! Shortlist the right tools, find the time, and last but not least – have fun, people!
We hope you liked our video marketing statistics as much as we did!
See you soon!
From 75% in 2017, it’s expected that video traffic will jump to 82% of all internet traffic by 2022.
Mobile video growth statistics are pretty remarkable – even in remote territories, mobile traffic is growing relatively faster than cable, satellite, and others. 52.2% of all website traffic worldwide was generated through mobile phones in 2018.
People watch over 500 million hours of YouTube videos every day.
Videos with a duration under 2 minutes are found more effective.
Yes! A video can boost your website conversion by 80%.