Last Updated: March 16, 2022
Do you need some extra cash quickly? There are so many things to sell to make quick cash. We’ve put together a list of second-hand items you could earn money from, from old books and DVDs to clothes and electronics. Now all you have to do is find the ones in your home worth some money.
You could be sitting on thousands of dollars right now without even knowing it. With help, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to turn unwanted items into cash. So what are you waiting for?
Things to Sell to Make Quick Cash
Are you wondering “what can I sell to make money quickly”? To make cash fast, you need to look for things to sell. Some of them include:
- Old books
- Second-hand clothes and accessories
- Electronics or gadgets
- Sports equipment
- Musical instruments
- Coins and bills (old or rare)
- Stamps and postcards (vintage or rare)
- Antique furniture
- Designer clothes and accessories
- Baby items/clothes
- Wedding decor or gifts
- Pet items/clothes
- Crystal decanters or glasses
- Rugs and carpets
- Candles and holders
- Heirloom jewelry
- Lamps and light fittings
- Coffee mugs
- Old cutlery and crockery
- Printed T-shirts
Except for easy things to sell, you can also try selling services or skills. This could include things like:
- Freelance writing
- Graphic design work
- Web development
- Manual labor (like yard work)
- Home repair/maintenance
Why Is It a Good Idea to Sell These?
When you need to make some cash quickly, it can be a great idea to turn to the things you have around your house. You may also be lucky to own some household items worth a fortune.
It’s important to remember that not every item in your home is worth a lot of money. So, it helps to do your research before you start trying to sell something. Remember, that rare or vintage things can cost more than you know. Check out the prices for similar items on some of the online platforms.
Here are some valid reasons to sell the items you don’t need anymore:
You Gain Financial Freedom
Ask yourself, what can you sell to make money? Selling items you no longer want or need can be a great way to raise money for something important, like your family vacation.
Your Time Is Valuable
It can also help free up your time. You won’t need to spend time cleaning them.
You Gain More Space
When you sell unwanted things around your house, it frees up both space and money. Declutter your living space and use that extra income for something else.
You Can Make a Difference
When you sell old things, it gives them new life. You could be helping someone find something they really love and will appreciate.
|You can sell all kinds of old items to earn extra money, from old books and DVDs to candles and pet items.|
|If you’re wondering what to sell to make money fast, electronics and clothes are some things that are normally sold quickly.|
|You should check out how much similar old items cost online; you may be the owner of something quite expensive and rare without realizing it.|
Where to Sell to Make Money
Once you’ve found things to sell to make money, there are so many places online to sell them. Here are some suggestions:
- Amazon Marketplace: This is a great place to sell things you need to get rid of quickly. You list the item, set a price, and ship it.
- eBay: This is another option for selling your items online. It’s more time-consuming but can be worth it if your items are valuable or hard to find elsewhere.
- Craigslist: As long as you are careful, you can make some quick cash on Craigslist. Just be sure to meet with the buyer in a public place and never send money or give out your personal information over the internet.
- Etsy: If you found the best things to sell on Etsy to make money, well done. This site is specifically made for vintage or handmade things.
- Amazon: This is another excellent place to sell things online. You have the option of marketing as a third-party seller or through Amazon FBA, which will help you make money even faster.
- Facebook Marketplace: This is a great place for listing things that you know will be in demand. Electronics or clothes can go quickly, so this might be the perfect option for getting rid of your stuff.
- Local Facebook bargain groups: These groups are great for selling things locally. Just search for your area and see what comes up.
- Online thrift stores: If you have a lot of clothes or other things you can sell to make money, thrift stores can be a great place to start. You might not get as much money, but it’s better than letting things go to waste.
- Online auction sites: These websites work like eBay and give you the option of selling as a third party or through their site directly.
- Gazelle: Gazelle is an app that allows you to sell your old electronics for cash. You enter the item, and it’ll give you a quote. Gazelle will send you a box to ship the item in if you decide to go through with the sale.
- Poshmark: Poshmark is an app for selling clothes and other items. You take pictures of your items, post them and wait for people to buy them.
- Letgo: This is another app that allows you to sell things. Things get sold through the Letgo marketplace rather than directly from your phone. It’s a great place to advertise because it brings in buyers from all over the world.
- Kijiji: When it comes to things to sell online to make money, Kijiji is a Canadian app that is very similar to Craigslist. It’s a great place to sell things in your area.
- OfferUp: OfferUp is an app that lets you sell things to people in your area quickly and easily.
- Decluttr: Decluttr allows you to sell your old CDs, DVDs, and books for cash. You enter the items’ information, and it will give you a quote.
- Swappa: Swappa is another excellent place to sell things online. It only deals with selling phones.
- Second Sale: This consignment store allows you to sell your clothes and other items. They’ll take a percentage of the sale, but it can be worth it if you don’t have the time to take care of the sale yourself.
You can also sell items online by joining a community like Amazon FBA, which will help you make money even faster. But then, you have to fill your house with things in high demand and wait for the orders to come pouring in. It is, however, a good option if you found the best items to resell for profit. This could even turn out to be a lucrative business for you.
|DID YOU KNOW: eBay is the second most popular place to sell things online. This site brings in buyers from all over the world, which means you’ll have low competition and will be able to get your items sold quickly.|
Essential Tips for Selling Online
Price Your Items to Sell Correctly
You don’t want to price your item too high, but you also don’t want to price it too low. If you find the right balance, you can sell your things quickly and easily.
Make Your Items Look Good in the Photos
No matter whether it’s an old book or homemade things to sell on Etsy, people are more likely to buy something if it looks nice. If you can do some basic photo editing, even better.
Ship Promptly and Securely Once the Item Has Sold
This will create a great impression on buyers, so they’ll be more willing to pay top dollar for your things next time around. And don’t forget – shipping quickly means you’ll get paid faster.
You have 30 days on average after an order gets placed for shipping out an item before it counts as late. That is why having USPS Priority Mail shipments available is essential when selling via Amazon FBA.
Have Security Settings Enabled
Make sure your account is always safe. That includes enabling two-factor authentication and updating your password to something unique.
When Things Get Tough – Don’t Give Up
Selling things online isn’t easy, but it’s possible. If you find that one platform isn’t working for you anymore, try another one until you find what works best.
Package Items Well
Finding what to sell to make money can be tricky, but your work doesn’t end there. When shipping, it’s essential to pack the items securely, so they don’t get damaged. Doing this will help keep your buyers happy and increase the chances that they’ll buy from you again.
Use a Sturdy Box
If you’re using a box, make sure it’s sturdy enough to protect the item inside. You don’t want it coming apart in the mail.
Include Packing Material
If there is any room left in the box, fill it with packing material like newspaper or bubble wrap; this will help keep it secure during transportation.
Label Fragile Items Appropriately
If you’re asking yourself ‘what can I sell for $1,000?’, vintage things or antiques could be the answer. However, if an item is fragile, make sure you always label it as such. This way, the worker will be extra careful when handling it.
Use a Shipping Service
When sending items, it’s always best to use a shipping service like USPS. This way, you know that your item will be delivered safely and on time.
Beware of Scammers
If someone is offering too good of a deal, it usually means they’re trying to scam you. So be careful who you sell things to, and always do your research. This is especially true for products you can buy cheap and sell high.
Be Creative in How You Package Items
Make the package creative and recognizable so that it’s obvious what’s inside. You can also keep them guessing by using various boxes and original packaging materials. Just make sure that the items are securely packed.
Keep All Receipts for Taxes Purposes
You’ll want these if the item gets stolen so that you have proof that it was yours in the first place. It’s also helpful when evaluating how much money came in from selling certain items.
It’s always a good idea to sell online, whether it’s easy things to make and sell for money or other hobbies you’ve found a way to monetize. You can make cash quickly this way. To start, you need to figure out what items are in demand so that you can offer them for sale.
Then set up an account on sites like eBay or Craigslist. Now you know where to start when looking for things to sell to make cash quickly. Use our tips for selling your stuff online. Good luck!
If you’ve found what to sell on Amazon to make money, you need to know this. Amazon FBA stands for “Fulfilled by Amazon,” and it allows you to send in your items (for a fee), and Amazon will store them in their warehouse until someone buys them. Then, once the item sells, they’ll pack everything up and ship it out.
This saves you tons of time dealing with shipping. However, there are also many fees associated with this. If an item doesn’t sell after 30 days, there may be storage fees.
If you’ve got things to sell to make money online through Amazon, it would help to wait until the item has sold before sending it in. This way, it’s going to be clear how many items will be shipped and what kind of packaging to use. Also, this way Amazon won’t have any questions about your shipment when it arrives at their warehouse and will process it quicker.
If an item is too expensive on one platform compared to another, buyers might get suspicious or annoyed. Try testing out different price points on various platforms to see which gets the most attention.
If you’ve found things to sell to make quick cash but find they haven’t sold after a month or so, check to see any storage fees associated with them. If there aren’t any, then you’re good. If there are, it may be time to try selling your item on a different platform.