September 22, 2022
If you’re no longer interested in having a YouTube TV subscription, or you need to cancel your account for some other reason, this guide will show you how to do it. Although canceling YouTube TV is a straightforward process, there are a few things you should know before getting started.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to cancel YouTube TV from your computer, Android, and iOS device. We’ll also discuss what happens after a user cancels their membership, and whether YouTube allows its users to pause their accounts.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Free Trial?
YouTube TV was very well received upon release, and many considered it to be the best streaming service provider available. However, while some sign up for YouTube’s trial period only to watch a particular show and decide to continue using the service, others aren’t interested in a subscription plan.
It’s important to note that those who use YouTube TV must cancel their trial or sign up for a subscription when the trial period ends. The trial plan normally lasts one week, although sometimes it can last 14 days due to Google’s promotional policy. If you forget to cancel the free trial, chances are you’ll be charged for a YouTube TV subscription even if you’re not using the account.
Some common reasons why consumers choose not to continue using YouTube TV after the trial ends include:
- The shows they’re looking for aren’t available on the platform.
- Alternative streaming providers offer less expensive pricing options.
- Users sign up just to take advantage of the free trial period.
Whichever your reasons for deciding not to continue using YouTube TV, read on to learn how to cancel your YouTube TV free trial from your computer or mobile device.
Canceling YouTube TV Using Your Computer
To cancel your free trial, follow the steps below:
- Log into your YouTube account and navigate to Settings.
- Select Membership from the dropdown menu that will appear.
- You can find all your subscriptions here, with the TV subscription right at the top.
- Below the YouTube TV section, you’ll see a Deactivate Membership option.
- When you click this option, you’ll be asked to choose between “Cancel” and “Pause.”
- Click on Cancel Membership to end the trial, and then check your email to see if the company has sent you a cancellation notice.
Canceling YouTube TV Using Your Mobile Device
The YouTube TV cancellation procedure for Android is very similar to the desktop procedure above, but if you want to cancel your account on iOS devices, you should contact Apple support services.
Here are guidelines on how to cancel your YouTube TV free trial on Android:
- Find the TV app on your device and log in.
- Navigate to Account Details and tap on Settings.
- Tap on the Membership option from the dropdown menu.
- Select TV Membership, which is located right at the top.
- Then, tap on Deactivate Membership and choose Cancel.
- The final step of this YouTube TV cancel free trial procedure is to check your email for a cancellation confirmation.
|DID YOU KNOW: After permanently deleting your YouTube account, your data such as watch time will still be part of aggregate reports, but your channel URL and name will no longer be available in YouTube Analytics.|
How to Cancel YouTube TV?
Not everyone is familiar with YouTube TV’s cancellation process, which is why we’re here to help you figure it out. The procedure varies from one device to another, and below you can find a guide suitable for the device you’re using.
Cancel YouTube TV From Your Computer
If you’re looking for the easiest way on how to cancel your YouTube TV subscription, terminating it from your desktop is the way to go. Here are the steps on how to cancel your YouTube TV membership this way:
- Access YouTube TV through your web browser of choice and log into your account.
- Navigate to your avatar located at the top right corner and click on it to access the dropdown menu.
- Click on Settings, which is usually found on top.
- Select the Cancel Membership option, which will cause a reason list to appear.
- You don’t have to write one yourself—just choose one reason and click on the Continue Canceling pop-up.
- Finally, to terminate the membership, select Cancel Membership.
- Once you’re finished with the YouTube TV cancellation process, you’ll be taken back to the Membership page.
- If you can spot the Restart Membership option under the YouTube TV logo, your cancellation was successful.
- Just to be safe, you may also check your email for a cancellation confirmation.
Cancel YouTube TV From Android
The cancellation of YouTube TV on Android is done through the app. Here’s the step-by-step procedure you should follow if you want to do so:
- First, open the YouTube TV app on your phone and sign into your account.
- Navigate to your avatar (profile icon) located at the top right and tap on it for a dropdown menu to appear.
- Select Settings, and then select Membership.
- A Pause and a Cancel option will appear on your screen.
- To cancel YouTube TV membership, tap on Cancel, which will cause a list of reasons to appear.
- Choose a reason, then tap on Continue Canceling.
- To end your subscription, select Cancel Membership on the next screen you’re taken to.
Cancel YouTube TV Subscription From iOS
Unlike the Android procedure, canceling your YouTube TV membership on iOS isn’t carried out through the app. Here are the steps for terminating your membership on iOS:
- Open your browser on your iOS device and access the official YouTube TV site.
- Log into your account and tap on your Profile Picture.
- Tap on Settings, and then on Membership.
- Choose the Cancel Membership option and confirm your choice.
|If you fail to cancel YouTube TV trial, you’ll be charged for a YouTube TV subscription.|
|Canceling YouTube TV trial and membership from a computer is done through the official website.|
|The cancellation of YouTube TV on Android is done through the app.|
|Users can pause their YouTube TV account for a maximum of 6 months.|
What Happens After You Cancel Your YouTube Subscription?
Although you’ll immediately lose access to YouTube TV once you’ve canceled your YouTube TV trial, your access won’t be terminated instantly after canceling your YouTube TV membership, and you may still use your account until the end of your payment period.
When the payment period expires, you can expect the following:
- When you cancel a YouTube TV account permanently, the recorded programs within your library expire after 21 days.
- Restarting your membership doesn’t guarantee you access to the previous recordings, and it’s very likely that you won’t qualify for promotional prices.
- Once you’re no longer an account holder, you won’t have access to the add ons.
- Information like your home zip code might be stored by Google as part of their fraud prevention initiatives.
Can Users Pause Their YouTube TV Subscription?
As you might have noticed from the procedures above, cancellation isn’t your only option when you don’t want to use your YouTube TV account. YouTube TV also allows consumers to take a break and pause their account for 4 weeks up to 6 months.
This is a good alternative, as when you cancel YouTube TV membership, you can lose both your recordings and add ons.
Some of the benefits of being able to pause your YouTube subscription include:
- Users are able to resume their membership anytime they choose, no matter the scheduled date.
- The date you continue using your account automatically becomes your new billing date.
- When the paused state ends, you don’t need to make any adjustments—you’ll continue to be charged your usual subscription fee.
Now that we’ve covered everything on how to cancel YouTube TV subscription, let’s go through the process of pausing your account:
- Depending on your device, you can access your account either through your browser or the app.
- Select the profile photo and click on Settings.
- Select Membership from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Pause and choose how many weeks you’d like to take a break from the account.
- Finally, click on Pause to confirm the process.
|DID YOU KNOW: Using streaming services often leaves you vulnerable to fraud and identity theft. For a safer browsing experience, consider investing in one of the best-ranked VPN for streaming, as well as some of the best VPN providers in 2022.|
Although YouTube TV has a lot to offer, its services can’t suit everyone’s needs. Some can determine this early on and choose to cancel YouTube TV during the free trial, while others might continue using it and either pause or cancel it when they feel it no longer fits their need. The good news is that you can terminate your membership anytime, and as we explained above, you can do so from any device you choose, no matter if it’s your computer or an Android or iOS device.
If you’re interested in how to cancel other subscriptions by the same provider, you can visit our article on how to cancel YouTube Premium.
Yes, Google allows its YouTube TV subscribers to pause their accounts for no longer than 6 months. Users can choose to reactivate their account anytime and continue watching right from where they left off.
As you’ve seen in the article above, all the procedures on how to cancel YouTube TV using different devices are straightforward—even if you’re not the tech-savviest person in the room, you’re very likely to cancel your account without working up a sweat.
If you’re facing problems with ending your subscription, you can visit the YouTube Help Center, their Community Help Forum, or the Current Site Issue page to locate the problem and see if you’re doing something wrong or there’s a problem on their part.